POST TITLE: Part time Business Administrative Assistant
POST GRADE: Grade 3, Scale point 13
REPORTS TO: Head of Marketing
Business Development is a key area of the College, responsible for the active promotion of the College across many channels, including online. The Business Administrator is required to assist the Head of Marketing and Business Development with the day-to-day administrative functions of the Marketing and the College Digital Suite. The role will be managed by the Head of Marketing and to be mentored by the Marketing Assistant.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To book and co-ordinate rooms and spaces within the Digital Suite
- To provide a first point of contact for enquiries relating to the Digital Suite
- To support staff in facilitating collaboration between the College departments
- To attend College Information Events and Recruitment Events. This will involve occasional evening and weekend work.
- To provide support to the College Main Reception.
- To ensure the Enterprise Digital Suite is managed and the environment is organised at all times
- To provide ad hoc support on administrative duties in the Marketing department
- To help collate marketing content from Student Ambassadors
- To book laptops and maintain the laptop trolley
- To liaise with external speakers if needed
- To identify and support the progression of the Marketing and Digital Transformation Strategies
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To be trained to deal with IT and safeguarding issues
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
Essential skills and characteristics
- Ability to communicate effectively by email, telephone and in person
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to absorb and understand a wide range of information
- IT literate
- Good organisational skills
- Confident in liaising with staff, students, corporate bookings and the general public.
Desirable skills and characteristics
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Experience of working in an educational establishment
- Educated to A/GCSE/BTEC level
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: 6 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Grade 3, Scale point 13: £18,474 per annum (pro rata for part time)
Hours of work: 27.5 hours per week, 38 weeks (Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 15.00pm including 30 minutes lunch)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.